Full Day Kindergarten

Kindergarten at Charles Hay

  • Balance of purposeful play and rigorous academics

  • 3 recess’ a day

  • Multiple modes of learning

  • Balance of hands-on activities with technology

  • EL Education

  • Bridges Mathematics 

  • Structured Skills block for foundational reading

  • Community Circles/Universal social emotional curriculum

School Tours

Please fill out the form below to RSVP for your tour. You will receive a confirmation call or email confirming the date and time of your tour, as well as answering any initial questions you might have. 


Kindergarten Open House

Dec 15th and Jan 30th


Kindergarten Round Up

January 17


What is special about Charles Hay?

  • One-on-one technology distribution for all students K-6 

  • Spanish as a second language instruction for all students

  • Year round physical education, art and music for all students

  • Opportunities for community-based and service learning experiences

  • Extensive offering of after-school clubs addressing a variety of interests


Kindergarten Website

If you are interested in having your child attend a school located within the Englewood School District other than their home school, please fill out the Open Enrollment Application and Agreement. Return the form to the District Registrar during the choice enrollment window. Final decisions will be made within two weeks of the closing of the enrollment window and families will be notified by mail.

To register your child(ren), please click on the link below and follow the instructions.

Click hereFor online registration for new students for online registration for new students. (Students who do NOT attend ECE Maddox)

Returning students are registered through the parent portal.

You will have the opportunity to upload supporting documentation during the registration process. If you need assistance please contact the District Registrar at 303-806-2051.

Supporting Documentation:

Birth Certificate
Immunization Record
Parent Proof of Identity: driver's license, passport, government-issued photo ID

Proof of Residency:

If you own or rent your home- Two or more acceptable documents as proof of residency.

  • original deed
  • current lease
  • recent contract of sale
  • mortgage statement
  • current utility bill

If you are staying with another family- ALL of the following documents are required as proof of residency.

  • notarized letter that has been signed by the owner of the property.
  • proof of residency for the owner of the property (see list above for acceptable documents) 

If Applicable:

Custody agreement/court order if parents are separated or divorced

Court-ordered guardianship papers if the student resides with someone other than a natural parent

Copy of IEP (Individualized Education Program), 504 Documentation or RtI